Ready to sell your home in the St. Louis metropolitan area? Take a look at these 10 tips that have been proven to increase home value and boost chances of a quicker sale. If you aren't quite ready to sell, these tips can help freshen your home.
1. Clean, Organize, and Neutralize. Tone down bright colors and remove as many personal effects as possible. An uncluttered home looks bigger and a neutral palette allows buyers to envision their belongings in the home. Plus...a fresh cost of paint can really spruce up a room.
2. Enhance Curb Appeal. First impressions tend to be lasting ones. Make sure your home's appeal extends from the inside out by getting your lawn in shape, trimming bushes, refreshing sod, planting flowers and removing dead leaves. A messy yard takes away from a home's overall appearance.
3. Boost Energy Savings. One of the most inexpensive ways to increase your home's energy efficiency is to add insulation, which can reduce heating and cooling costs by more than 25%.
4. Update Kitchen Appliances. The kitchen is often the room that buyers gravitate towards first...an updated kitchen can help sell your home. You don't have to remodel your entire kitchen to give it a new look. Updating your appliances to the current standard and replacing cabinet hardware can make a big impact at a relatively low cost.
5. Update Bathroom Fixtures. A little change can go a long way when it comes to the look of your bathroom. Updating fixtures like your sink and faucet can give any outdated bathroom style.
6. Build a Fence. If you're trying to sell a house, having a fence adds value to the home overall. Buyers with children or pets will appreciate the privacy and security of an enclosed backyard.
7. Repair the Gutters. Ensuring that your gutters are clean is crucial in protecting your home agains water damage.
8. Light Up the Outside. An easy and inexpensive way to increase your home's outdoor space is to add lighting. It makes it more appealing and safer.
9. Store and Organize. Ample storage space is a plus, especially when it comes to garages and closets. Efficient closet structures can help keep your clothes organized and can save space.
10. Extend Living Areas. Rather than adding an additional room, consider extending living areas to decks or yards. Add outdoor furniture to show buyers they can enjoy entertaining in the space.
If you are thinking about selling your home, contact us and we will be delighted to stop by your home to advise you on more ways to get your home ready...in addition to updating you on market home prices in your neighborhood. Just call or text to (314) 348-4033.